Author Services Portal
As part of our ongoing efforts to promote research and support authors, the American Accounting Association is partnering with CACTUS Communications to provide new services that will help authors be more productive, increase their impact, and elevate their personal brand. Services offered will include:
- Language Editing- Improve manuscript writing quality and publication-readiness with an in-depth language edit by a subject-matter expert.
- Academic Translation- Translation and editing services ensure that the final manuscript meets international publication standards.
- Research Promotion Services- Accounting Practitioners have indicated a preference for quick and easy-to-digest formats. Communicate research with high-impact plain language summaries, animated short videos, and stunning infographics that a lay audience can easily understand.
Click here to visit the Author Services Portal.
The American Accounting Association, in partnership with CACTUS, offers a machine learning, pre-submission technical check to ensure your manuscript is ready for submission. Paperpal Preflight provides feedback and suggestions for improvements of your manuscript but does not guarantee acceptance for peer review or publication. Some of the checks performed may only apply to specific article types; please check the journal's editorial policy or the AAA’s complete style guide for further detail. Should your manuscript be accepted, journal editors may still require significant changes based on journal and style guidelines.
Click here to select your journal and get started.
Editorial Policies and Submission Information
View our association's Publications Policies and Procedures
The Editorial Policy and Submission Information is unique for each American Accounting Association journal. Please click on the journal you are interested in from the list below.
- The Accounting Review: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Accounting Review embraces any research methodology and any accounting-related subject, that meet the standards established for publication in the journal. The primary, audience is academicians, graduate students, and others interested in accounting research.
- Issues in Accounting Education: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
Issues in Accounting Education publishes education research, commentaries, case studies, and learning strategies that address key accounting education issues and assist faculty in teaching accounting topics.
- Accounting Horizons: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
Accounting Horizons strives to publish rigorous research that addresses practice issues and problems, drawing on the best theory and methods in the academy to solve problems of real consequence. The journal contributes to the vision of building a learned accounting profession by purposeful integration of accounting research, education, and practice for students, practitioners, and educators.
- Accounting Historians Journal: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Accounting Historians Journal addresses the development of accounting thought and practice and provides a historical perspective on contemporary accounting issues.
- Accounting and the Public Interest: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
Accounting and the Public Interest views accounting as a social activity with far-ranging consequences for every citizen. The study and its findings should be within a historical, social, and political context, ultimately providing guidance for responsible action. Alternative theories, and methodologies are welcome.
- The ATA Journal of Legal Tax Research: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The ATA Journal of Legal Tax Research (JLTR) publishes creative and innovative studies that employ legal research methodologies that logically and clearly identify, describe, and illuminate important current tax issues.
- AUDITING: A Journal of Practice & Theory: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
AUDITING: A Journal of Practice & Theory promotes communication between research and practice, to influence developments in auditing education as well as auditing research and practice.
- Behavioral Research in Accounting: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
Behavioral Research in Accounting (BRIA) publishes theoretical and empirical research concerning how accounting affects and is affected by individuals and organizations.
- Current Issues in Auditing: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
Current Issues in Auditing advances the dialogue between academics and practitioners on current practice related issues facing the community including external auditing, internal auditing, government auditing, IT auditing, assurance services, and related fields.
- Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting (JETA) encourages, supports, and disseminates high-quality research focused on emerging technologies and artificial intelligence that are applicable to a wide set of accounting related problems.
- Journal of Financial Reporting: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Journal of Financial Reporting (JFR) supports research on a broad spectrum of financial reporting issues and especially encourages “innovative” research, defined as research that examines a novel question or develops new theory or evidence that challenges current paradigms, or research that reconciles, confirms, or refutes currently mixed or questionable results.
- Journal of Forensic Accounting Research: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Journal of Forensic Accounting Research (JFAR) publishes research studies and teaching materials that foster excellence in the practice, teaching and research of forensic accounting, which is broadly conceived as the use of accounting, auditing, investigative, and valuation skills to support fraud investigations, damage estimates, business valuations, litigation support services, and other types of legal proceedings.
- Journal of the Governmental & Nonprofit Accounting:Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Journal of the Governmental & Nonprofit Accounting (JOGNA) is interdisciplinary in scope and stimulates and reports on a wide range of governmental and nonprofit accounting issues.
- Journal of Information Systems: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Journal of Information Systems (JIS) welcomes research that employs a wide variety of research methods in the fields of management information systems, computer science, accounting, auditing as well as cognate disciplines including philosophy, psychology, and management science.
- Journal of International Accounting Research: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Journal of International Accounting Research publishes research in auditing, financial accounting, managerial accounting, systems, tax, and other specialties that increases our understanding of the development and use of international accounting and reporting practices or attempts to improve extant practices.
- Journal of Management Accounting Research: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Journal of Management Accounting Research (JMAR) seeks to advance the theory and practice of management accounting through publication of high-quality applied and theoretical research, using any well-executed research method.
- The Journal of the American Taxation Association: Editorial Policies, Manuscript Preparation, Submit
The Journal of the American Taxation Association (JATA) disseminates a wide variety of tax knowledge and research that employs quantitative, analytical, experimental, and descriptive methods to address tax topics of interest to its readership.