Cleanrooms pose a special challenge for cleanliness testing. Contaminants in the form of particles, metals, ions, and organics must be completely removed to ensure defect-free processing. Ions such as chloride, sulfate, nitrate, and ammonia can degrade water surfaces, particularly in the presence of adsorbed water. A number of analytical methods are used to test for cleanliness and contamination control Ion chromatography is used to determine ionic contamination. The presentation will answer the following questions:
• What is ion chromatography?
• How is ion chromatography used to evaluate cleanliness?
• What are the recent improvements that have been made to the technology?
• What are some typical cleanliness testing applications?
• How will the use of ion chromatography help my company?