The Journal of Psychodrama, Sociometry, and Group Psychotherapy is the professional journal of the American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama (ASGPP). It publishes articles and brief reports, including research, case studies, practitioner's techniques, and contributions of spontaneity and creativity, as well as book reviews. Our journal provides a window into our profession, through which the greater mental health and professional community can gain knowledge and understanding of our method.
The American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama is rooted in the philosophy of Dr. Moreno. The ASGPP promotes the development of creativity, spontaneity and encounter to enhance the relationship between individuals, families and communities; and works actively to heal and transform
society through the knowledge and practice of psychodrama, group psychotherapy and sociometry in all its diverse applications.
The purposes of the Society are:
- To foster the national and international cooperation of all who are concerned with the theory and practice of psychodrama, sociometry and group psychotherapy;
- To encourage and promote professional training in psychodrama, sociometry and group psychotherapy;
- To promote the spread and fruitful application of theories and methods of psychodrama, sociometry, and group psychotherapy in professional disciplines concerned with the well-being of individuals, groups, families, and organizations;
- To disseminate information about psychodrama, sociometry, and group psychotherapy and their applications to the general public, other professionals, and public policy makers;
- To promote and publish research in psychodrama, sociometry, group psychotherapy, and related fields, and;
- To maintain a code of professional standards relevant to the purposes of the society.