The trematode Metorchis conjunctus (Cobbold, 1860) was found in seven of 211 wolves from Saskatchewan which were examined between 1976 and 1983. The parasite caused cholangiohepatitis with periductular fibrosis in the liver of all the wolves, and chronic inflammation and fibrosis of the pancreas in two animals. The wolves with pancreatic involvement were emaciated. Five of the seven infected wolves were from one local area, and three of these were from a pack known to consume fish.
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0W0, Canada.
Department of Tourism and Renewable Resources, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 1B5, Canada.
Department of Tourism and Renewable Resources, Melville, Saskatchewan SOA 2P0, Canada.