Online Manuscript Submission
The Texas Heart Institute Journal is associated with Editorial Manager®, a Web-based submission and peer-review system that is used by thousands of journals worldwide. By using this system, authors can submit manuscripts online, with no paper copies or mailing expenses to worry about.* Progress of the manuscript in the review process can be monitored at any time, without waiting for an editor’s assistance. All correspondence is carried out conveniently by e-mail.
To Submit Your Manuscript:
- Go to www.editorialmanager.com/thij to access the THIJ Editorial Manager site, and register to use the online submission system.
- Check your e-mail account for a message containing your Username and Password to access the system.
- Consult the Journal’s Information for Authors page before submitting your paper. Manuscripts not conforming to Journal format and style will be returned for corrections.
- Submit cover letters, manuscripts (including references, tables, and figure legends), individual figures, motion images, conditions for publication forms, and permission forms through the system. Most articles require abstracts; be prepared to “paste” a copy of the abstract into one of the submission windows.
- When all of your files are entered onto the system, they will be converted to a single PDF file, which you will have the opportunity to approve before the manuscript proceeds to the review process.*
- All correspondence will be conducted via e-mail. Contact the Journal if an exception is necessary.
*Note that, upon submission, a fee of $70.00 (USD) is due for Case Reports, and a fee of $35.00 (USD) is due for Images in Cardiovascular Medicine papers.
A tutorial for authors regarding the use of the Editorial Manager system is available here.