Access to Online Edition
- Content available during subscription period: Articles published during the subscription period, plus older articles that are available from the publisher’s server.
- Institutional remote access: Institutional subscribers may allow remote access by Authorized Users (individuals affiliated with the subscriber, such as employees and enrolled students) via telecommunications to a valid IP address on a secure computer network of subscriber. The institutional subscriber must issue such individuals with a password or other authentication and the network must authenticate such individuals located on remote sites at the time of login and periodically thereafter.
- Institutional walk-in use: An institutional subscriber that operates a public or academic library may allow access by persons unaffiliated with the subscriber from computer terminals located on the library’s physical premises.
- Fair use: Any use of the online edition that is fair use under United States Copyright law (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html), except: Electronic library reserve: Access to articles in the online edition through an institutional subscriber’s electronic library course reserve system is limited to creation of a link to the online edition. Creation of digital copies is not permitted.
- Interlibrary loan: Interlibrary loan to the extent permitted by Section 108 of the United States Copyright Act.
- Uses beyond fair use: All uses that are not fair use under United States copyright law or otherwise expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions are prohibited without the express written consent of Publisher.
- Course pack copies: Copying of articles from the online edition for course packs is prohibited without publisher’s express written permission; however, links to the online edition from online course syllabi or instructors’ course web sites for courses taught at institutional subscribers that are academic institutions are permitted.
- Except as permitted elsewhere in these guidelines, subscribers are prohibited from entering into agreements with any parties who are not Authorized Users.
THE ONLINE EDITION IS SUPPLIED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF
DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF USE FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN
NO EVENT WILL PUBLISHER, TOBACCO SCIENCE RESEARCH COUNCIL OR ANY
OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE
FOR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
ARISING OUT OF THE INABILITY TO USE, OR THE USE OF, THE ONLINE EDITION,
OR ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH
THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE ONLINE EDITION.